Sunday, April 10, 2011

We Be Jamming!

One of my very favorite things is to bottle, and I love, love, love Bountiful Baskets (http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/).  Mix the two together, and voila!  I spent this morning bottling homemade Blueberry Jam.


I do have to admit, blueberries really are not my favorite, but these batches turned out awesome!  This will perfectly complement the Honey Whole Wheat Rolls I'm making for tonight's Sunday dinner.  Super yummy!

I purchased twelve 1/2 pint cartons of blueberries, which made two batches, totalling twelve 1/2 pint jars of jam.  It turned out perfectly!  I use Sure-Jell Premium Fruit Pectin for a nice set.  The recipe couldn't be more simple.  4 C. Crushed Blueberries, 4 C. Granulated White Sugar, 1 box pectin.  Read the directions included with the pectin from preparing the fruit to processing.  Then, enjoy the "fruits" of your labors!  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment